Monday, March 23, 2009

Courtney S_Self Portrait Evaluation and Peer Evaluation

My preferred material was the oval canvas. It was something I always wanted to use instead of the standard rectangle or square canvas. The new material I used was the cheese cloth. I used the cheese cloth for the mold of my face and by covering the canvas (something I've never tried before). I also never incorperated photogram's into an assignment and enjoyed using it as apart of the collage. This piece represents the two recent deaths in my life and the feelings I have been using to deal with them. The deaths were of my grandfather and the other of a friend I had lost touch with because of his drug addiction. Although they are gone I will remember them through this piece. All lives end at some point but with them come new life. This piece can be appreciated by the next generation of my family as a 3-D look at my face and creation at a young age while I mourned loved ones.

Michelle's self portrait was femminine and dark and made me question the sewn lips. I was curious what she felt she had to keep shut. The chip from the phone added to this mystery and the collage worked well.

1 comment:

  1. oval/shaped canvases, cheese cloth, photo and 3-D collage, found objects (cradle) and paint – GO, GO, GO!...5 weeks and counting!

    Michele's sewn lips. Where did you see this idea before?

    ReplyDelete