Monday, April 6, 2009

Michelle Andreano, Banana Factory Tour


Banana Factory Tour Event Questionnaire


  1. The most interesting aspect of the presentation was seeing some of the artist studio, since it is always fascinating to see where other people work. Seeing what other artists use as inspiration and how they organize their space is like looking into their sketchbook, you get to see another part of the process.


  2. The most unexpected thing we saw was when we entered the one studio with the life-size sculpture that had actually been fired in a kiln. Reminded me of how much work I have to do in ceramics class, since we have to do a 24 inch tall or wide piece (which is as large as the kiln will load).


  3. I can imagine myself in this profession, running a gallery and coordinating programs. What I would like most is seeing other artist's work; however, I think I would rather do something that revolved more around my own work since that job seems to be very time consuming.


  4. Additional Observations...

    They have a great facility there. The last First Friday I went to, I talked to one of the ceramic artists there, Deb Slahta, who has some amazing raku pieces, which was really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. yes, BF is a great resource for our area. What did you think of Rachel Akers?

    ReplyDelete