Monday, March 30, 2009

Stefany- Frank Mann Crtique

I was not able to attend Frank Mann’s lecture, but I was able to appreciate his work. I was able to connect with him, just by viewing his art. I could feel the energy that radiated off his pieces. Even though there were no words, I could feel something that was portrayed. For the individual critique, I was very excited to meet an artist that has works at MoMA. I couldn’t believe how nervous I was when I finally met him. He looked at all my pieces with out saying anything at first. The suspense was grueling. He then looked at me and smiled and said what he saw was interesting. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or what. I had my personal belief system pieces hanging and a few flower paintings as well. He told me that he really enjoyed looking at the flowers because it gave him a sense of relaxation and calmness. He also mentioned Georgia O’ Keefe works and we spent most of the time talking about her work and relations with mine. I really enjoyed speaking with him and it was an honor to see his work and meet him. I learned how he thinks and views others work, but yet is sincere about his opinions, which makes you take them to heart. It was a great experience to have a professional’s opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Frank is not only a wise artist, but a highly compassionate person as well. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete